Thursday, January 6, 2011

OOTD- Nautical Stripes Pre Spring

Happy Thursday Readers!

Is there some nautical themed outfit rule out there that says you can't wear nautical till Spring has sprung? If so, I sure don't know about it cause yesterday I was all nautical from the waste up. But it was raining, so maybe that justifies it???

This is what I had planned to wear to work. Except I never made it to work due to some annoying basement leak that our landlords felt needed to be fixed that very second (even though it has been leaking for over a year!). Due to some poor communication, I ended up unexpectedly stuck working from home.

Ah well. I am lucky that I can work remotely and be just as productive.

On to my outfit... I could not resist this little pullover! I know horizontal stripes are tricky and almost always make you look wider (and I admit this top probably does add some width) but I just fell in love. It is such an easy style to pull off. It will be perfect for those mornings where I have "nothing" to wear and just long for comfort.  Plus it is thin enough to easily tuck into bottoms. I expect to get a lot of mileage out of this top.

Boots: Anthro Martingale Boots, 6 (2010, $90 on sale)
Pants: Nordstrom Rack Black Skinny Pants, 26 (2010, $30)
Sweater: Anthro Monthly Meet-Up Pullover, Neutral S (2011, Buy for $78 here)
Necklace: Anthro Gilded Impatiens Necklace (2010, $30 on sale)
Watch: Tissot from Switzerland (2009, gift from rents)

And here is how I would have paired it with a navy blazer to make it a little more appropriate for work. Clearly I failed to Windex my mirror. I am going to get on that riiiiiiiiggggggtttt now! Maybe.

Blazer: Anthro Blazer by Idra, Navy 4 (2008, $20 on super sale) 

Alright, I have some Windexing to take care of.

Cheers!

J

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio