Friday, September 10, 2010

A Magical Belt?

Meet the Three Beacons Belt...

I picked up one of these for a friend as a birthday present and I could not resit grabbing one for myself. (Does that somehow make the gift less thoughtful? Nah, I don't think so...)

Anyways...

Let me tell you, this belt is perfect! It can do no wrong. And it will instantly take an outfit from just random items thrown together to a full out pulled together look. Swoon!






Exhibit A: The Mossy Atoms Skirt (Small, $80)

I purposefully ignored this skirt pre-sale ($148 dollars is way more than I am willing to pay for an elastic wasted skirt). I pounced once it hit sale.

Out of the box, I was disappointed. The wrinkles! A good steam fixed that. But there were fit issues.  I chalked it up to the elastic waste band.

This skirt was marked for return. On a whim I grabbed it to trywith my new belt. IMO, the belt fixed the fit issues, and reminded me just how lovely the skirt is. The belt has temporarily saved this skirt. I will reconsider after 3 weeks.

 


Exhibit B: The Mona Skirt (Small, $98)

Oh Mona Skirt, you are so pretty. I first met a large version of you in my local Anthro. To my dismay, you were the only one of your kind in my store. I did not hesitate to order you online while Anthro still generously offered free shipping.

This lovely belt only enhance your beauty, and made me love you even more.

Even if I decide to trade you for a medium, I will always remember our time together fondly.




Exhibit C: See previous post here.

I rest my case.

1 comments:

Emily Christensen said...

I've been searching high and low for the perfect belt....and here it is! Just ordered one. Love the blog, Grete (and Justyn too, even though we've never met).

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio